Monday, August 22, 2011

Alpha v0.0.3

Hey guys, a little update on how the game is going.

I've been experimenting with cameras and the like, and I've got to be honest, the maths is mind-boggling. Anyone that's dealt with coding and knows about x co-ords and y co-ords I feel you.

I've run through a few tutorials from various locations with no avail, the issue that I'm facing is that I am trying to get the interface overlying the background which contains the box2d world.

This sounds fairly simple, but is overtly complex... I'm now trying a few different types of cameras to get things working properly. On another note I have been putting a lot of research into advertising and revenue within the game, the plan is to release two versions of the game once it goes live, one for a one off payment from the market and one free from the market which contains ads in order to keep revenue.

In the mean time, let me give you a bit of an update on how things are going and where I'm at with everything. I have got the collision detection down pat, I now have an efficient way in which to instantly check between two objects and issue a boolean to be one or the other. That sounds complex, but basically means at any point in the code I can essentially write:

isCollision(objectA, objectB) -> do somefunction().

This means that I can do a variety of checks for collisions with the various parts of the level, the major updates that I have in mind will include some interesting things with gravity and magnets (HOW DO THEY WORK?!)

In the mean time, I don't have anything to deploy to the market yet, but I'm hoping that once I put the camera into code I'll have something that I feel is solid enough to put up as a download for all ya'l peeps!!!

David out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment